Pages

Monday, June 15, 2009

Peas in a Pod

When Sammie was a baby, she took a pacifier for about two months. Then she discovered that her fingers were always available and would no longer take a binky. I was thrilled! After all, I did not want to have my three-year-old walking around with a pacifier in her mouth. Little did I know that it’s just as bad to have my three-year-old walking around with her fingers in her mouth. She shows no signs whatsoever of giving this little habit up.

When Brenna was born, she refused altogether to take a binky. There was one or two instances while in her car seat, but other than that, it was straight for the fingers. When our pediatrician saw Brenna sucking on her fingers he said, “oh – I’m sorry” right before he went into his own long and frustrating story of how his oldest didn’t quit the habit until she was well into kindergarten. His wife tried everything, with no luck. Now this is a medically trained professional who deals with kids every day and they couldn’t break her…sigh…guess we’ll see how it goes. Sammie has been on her own schedule since birth, when she’s ready, I’m sure she’ll just stop one day, much like with crawling, walking, talking, potty training, etc…

Patience is a virtue…

My girls; two peas in a pod…


No comments:

Post a Comment