Pages

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Vacation - Day 6

The final morning of the vacation we were almost to Port Everglades. We went to breakfast in the Windjammer, and then Nathan decided more sleep was a necessity. He returned to the stateroom and I wandered around the ship taking some last pictures of where we’d spent our last four days.






I was very good about focusing on the trip itself and enjoying each day to ourselves with Nathan, but as soon as we docked, I was in a hellfire hurry to get home to our girls.

Unfortunately, we had a seven hour wait at the airport before that could happen and moving to an earlier flight was going to cost more than we had spent on both tickets in the first place, so wait we did. It was a very long wait, a very slow moving long wait, but as I mentioned earlier, completely worth it.

We had a terrific time, will look forward to way in the future when we have another alone trip together, or take one with friends, but I’m not sure that I will get Nathan on another cruise. We were still feeling the effects a few days later, some swaying and dizziness. I guess I’ll be able to convince him though!

As with all of our vacations, we had some lessons learned for the next time…We learned to plan your shore excursions ahead of time, do more research on what all the ship/cruiseline has to offer, and perhaps be sure to travel during the school year if you are going to travel without your kids.

This wrapped up our celebration of our first five years of marriage, looking forward to the next five and what new and exciting things they have in store for us! I love our life…

No comments:

Post a Comment