Pages

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Vacation - Day 3

Day three of our vacation had us in port at Key West. We had never been, and unfortunately, I feel like we were only there for a minute. The port was very brief, it looked as though there was a lot to be seen and many different things to do, however we had no time to do most of it.

Almost immediately off the ship we came across several pieces of artwork on display:

We walked around a while, encountered a man with a “baby” Boa and a pet iguana:



Saw the original Sloppy Joe’s:

Checked out Margaritaville, walked up and down Duval Street:

FYI – if you are ever on a cruise and you and your husband both forgot to pack socks for the dinners, Key West is a TOUGH place to find them. We finally struck luck at Banana Republic, go figure. After a couple hours, we headed back to the ship to take a nap before our formal dinner night on the ship.


Unfortunately, sea sickness struck right after the appetizer for me, and I spent the remainder of the evening getting fresh air. This has never happened to me before, I’m not sure if it was the ship, the seas, or me just getting older and more things affecting me, but I was not feeling well. Bedtime for Day three.

No comments:

Post a Comment