Pages

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Catching Up

You may have noticed the blog hasn’t been updated in over a week…I was on VACATION!! Nathan and I took our first alone trip since our honeymoon to celebrate our fifth anniversary. Since it always falls on Father’s Day weekend (poor – uncharacteristically so – planning on my part), we’ll probably be celebrating a lot of our anniversaries this way...meaning later or earlier. More posts to follow on the vacation, but in the meantime, here is an update on the girls.

My parents gave us some of their timeshare points for the cruise as an anniversary present, and very generously watched the girls for us as an additional present! Thank you mom and dad, both gifts were absolutely wonderful, and very much appreciated!!

Literally the morning we left, Sammie walked into our room declaring that her throat hurt and she was not feeling well. She was running a fever all day (as we traveled, we received updates from grandma and grandpa), and when she coughed or sneezed she said her throat hurt. She had a few nights of a tough fever, but started to feel better by Saturday, thank goodness! She had a blast while we were gone and we got to talk to her almost every day, being absolutely sure to tell us what a good girl she was being for grandma and grandpa.

Brenna decided what better time to start cutting teeth then when your parents are out of town, your grandparents are babysitting, and your big sister is sick! Her bottom right tooth started poking through over the weekend and her top left seems to be coming next! I had just gotten her back to sleeping through the night before we left, but this has thrown a monkey wrench in to all of that. She also kicked her Army crawl into high gear, and is motoring around the place “bivouac” style very quickly.

Needless to say, my folks had their hands full and were ready for a vacation themselves when we returned, but they did a great job and the girls had a good time!

Sammie got to wait up for us to come home and was SO excited when she saw us! She hopped back and forth between our laps the rest of the evening before finally passing out on daddy’s lap, happy as a clam to have us home! Today when I took her to daycare she had a little bit of a rough time, first asking if daddy had left on vacation again (since he’d already left for work before she woke up) and next by making me promise I was picking her up from school tonight after “work, not vacation”.

Brenna was asleep when we got home, but since she’s back to getting up at night she woke up around 1:30 and I went in to settle her down and cuddle her. I sing to her every night before bed (poor girl I know…) so I started singing to her as she laid her head on my shoulder and her eyes popped open and she pushed off my chest to look at my face. She put her little hand on my cheek and got the biggest smile on her face; made me tear up it was so sweet. Then I spent the next two hours trying to get her back to sleep because she thought it was play time! The next morning she practically tossed herself out of my arms to get to Daddy when she saw him.

Yeah, I think the girls missed us, what a wonderful feeling!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you guys are back and had a good time! Can't wait to see pictures! (of your vacation and the girls!)

    ReplyDelete