Pages

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Genetics

Genetics are a very interesting thing. I’m not so sure after having two children that I really buy into this whole dominant/recessive theory. Take our family for instance.
Nathan = Blond hair, blue eyes
Me = Brown hair, green eyes
Sammie = Blond hair, blue eyes
Brenna = Blond hair, blue eyes

Now granted, I was well aware that since we both have recessive genes for eyes, it was a toss-up as to whether or not the girls would get my eye color, but I was POSITIVE that at least one of them would get my dark hair, after all, it is a dominant trait, right?
Wrong…

Just look at all this beautiful blond hair…


And these gorgeous blue eyes…


And while Sammie does bear more of a resemblance to me, only with Nathan’s coloring, Brenna is all Nathan…



Yep, my girls got their daddy’s genes alright, and I love it! Look at these two beautiful little Daddy’s girls…



No comments:

Post a Comment