Pages

Monday, November 2, 2009

Pumpkin Carving - 2009

Pumpkin carving in our house is a Daddy thing. Mommy does the decorating, but Daddy does the carving. Really, not only am I not strong enough to cut through these things, but Daddy is SO much more creative than I am at this activity!
I was worried this year that Sammie was not going to allow it though, since the entire evening leading up to this point she informed me she didn't want us to cut up her pumpkins...
She anxiously waited...

Nathan likes to take his carving seriously...


While Daddy and Sammie went to work on the first pumpkin, Brenna decided to keep pumpkin number two company...and eat some newspaper...





I came downstairs after putting Brenna to bed to find the finished product on my table like this...Nathan was surprised I found this funny...

When it came time for pumpkin number two, Sammie wanted to be more hands on...Daddy told her when they cut his head off, they were going to pull his brains out...She looks pretty excited, doesn't she??


I thought Sammie wouldn't like the digging in the pumpkin part, but as it turned out, she thought it was a lot of fun!




The finished product!


The next morning on the way out the door, Sammie stopped to show off her hard work to Brenna and said "Look Brenna, Daddy and I carved up the pumpkins, we took the brains out and everything!" Nice...

No comments:

Post a Comment