Pages

Monday, November 30, 2009

Grace

Funny the lessons that you can learn from a three-year-old...

The table was set, all the food was ready, and we all sat down for dinner and were waiting on Nathan.  While we sat there laughing and talking, Sammie turned to me and whispered "Mommy?  Why isn't anybody putting food on their plates?"

I told her we were waiting to say Grace.

She looked around for a second and then turned back to me and very simply and sweetly said "Grace."

We joined hands and Nathan said our official Grace and we started our feast.  About halfway through the dinner, Sammie stopped and wanted us to all hold hands again, she seemed to really enjoy this ritual.

I'm not sure, but I think we might need to do a little more prayer at our dinner table...

No comments:

Post a Comment