Pages

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Mandy & Todd - September 9, 2009

My oldest and dearest friend, Mandy, got married on 09/09/09.
This is Mandy:


And for those of you that know her, those pictures above are really Mandy.
I still can’t believe it! She and her now husband, Todd, have been together for something like thirteen years. They are not your typical couple. They do things just as they should; they do them their way. So when it came time for their wedding, they stayed true to themselves and did it very much so their way. Their wedding was on Wednesday, in an outdoor chapel in some very beautiful woods up in Cleveland. The ceremony was brief, but filled with romance, love, and faith in God.
My best friend of seventeen years is now a Mrs.
Yes, I cried, she cried, Todd cried, it was beautiful.

Mandy was stunning, Todd was handsome, they made and make a beautiful couple…




The reception followed on Saturday, for which my parents, Karen, Nathan and the girls traveled up to Cleveland. The occasion was held at a campground, with a formal dinner in the lodge, followed by dancing, bean bag tosses, horse shoes, a hayride, and for some, camping outside for the evening. The girls had a blast! I had to give a speech, which I was prepared for right up to the point when Sammie was tugging at my dress begging to be allowed to talk in the microphone too…umm…excuse me everyone, not really sure how to handle this one! The other members of the wedding party were all apparently contemplating grabbing her themselves, but we worried the degree of meltdown she was capable of. Nathan came running over to get her and I was left stumbling over how to get started again. The pitfalls of having your children at a wedding I guess.

There was cake smashing…



Sammie made friends with Mandy’s nephew who is the same age…


Brenna napped and just took it all in…


Sammie and I danced the night away…



And when it was time to go, she was not a happy camper…

Congratulations Mandy and Todd!! I’m so happy for you both, and am so honored to have been a part of it all!






No comments:

Post a Comment