Pages

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Grandma's Birthday

The last day we were in Cleveland happened to be my grandmother’s birthday. She is eighty-four. I can share this because she doesn’t mind her age, and because she doesn’t read this blog (you know, every generation has its technology ceiling, for my grandparents it was the computer...) We were very glad to get to celebrate with her since we typically do not see her for her birthday.

As with just about every family gathering I can remember growing up, the children ran around and played, the bigger children played Jarts and Texas Horseshoes, good food was enjoyed.

In front, grandma and her sister, great-aunt Jean, in back from left, Aunt Helen, Chris, Aunt Andrea:


Uncle Johnnie and Aunt Helen (mom's sister):


My cousin Christopher, whom we used to call Kissypher - and he still puts up with us!












“Happy Birthday” was sung, and we took pictures of each generation in attendance with Grandma.
Four of her five children were there…(from left and in birth order: mom, Aunt Helen, Aunt Carol, and Uncle Eddie)

Six of her twelve grandchildren…(from left: Christopher, Karen, me, Christi, Kerri and Keith)

And four of her nine great-grandchildren were there with her for the day and she was happy as a clam! (from left: Brenna, Lily (my cousin Chris' daughter), Alyssa (my cousin Christi's daughter), and Sammie)


No comments:

Post a Comment