Pages

Monday, August 2, 2010

The Run - The Results

My first "competitive" run was yesterday.  I have been training for it, running outsdie 3 to 4 times a week trying to build up my endurance and adjust to running outside, and on average go about 3 miles.  Yesterday's run however was for 5 miles.  Needless to say I'm sure, I was starting to panic about my ability to finish, and was hoping and praying not to come in dead last, which became my two main goals.  I said that I wasn't going to worry about time, but in my head I was secretly praying to finish below 1 hour 15 minutes, or roughly a 15 min pace.

There is something to be said for adrenaline.  Not only did I finish, and not finish last, but I managed to finish at 1 hour 3 minutes, running around a 12 minute 43 second pace, which is admittedly slow, but for me, is my best pace ever.  I felt great, and can't wait to do another.  I had the wonderful support at the race of my fellow runners - Dad, Karen, Rachel, and Jamie, and our own personal cheering section, Mom.  Thanks to all of you!  I couldn't have done it without you!  Pictures to follow soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment