Pages

Sunday, August 1, 2010

July Challenge - Results

Here are the results of my July challenge, it did not go as hoped. I did not work out for 31 days straight as planned, as a matter of fact, I started off HORRIBLY slow… and did nothing for the first five days but celebrate the 4th with great (but not healthy) food…


1 – Nada

2 – Nada

3 – Nada and I ate badly at a great BBQ

4 – Nada and again ate badly

5 – Nada

6 – Yoga Meltdown challenge (and let me tell you, Ole Jillian is not messing around…)

7 – Ab Challenge and 2.7 mile run/walk

8 – Yoga Challenge

9 – Ab challenge and 2.7 mile run/walk

10 – Yoga Challenge and 15.5 mile bike ride (which left my back and butt in agony for two days…)

11 – Nada (gave my poor back a break after the day before)

12 – Ab Challenge and ran 1.2 miles (would have been longer if not for the thunder and lightning that started .5 mile in, boo)

13 – 1 hour weight training at the gym – arms, legs, core

14 – Yoga Challenge

15 – Ab Challenge, Run 3 Miles

16 – Yoga Challenge

17 – Run 3 Miles

18 – Yoga Challenge

19 – Ab Challenge, Run 2.5 Miles

20 – Yoga Challenge

21 – ab challenge, 3 mile Run

22 – Nada

23 – 2.75 Mile Run

24 – Nada

25 – Nada – came home sick as a dog!

26 – Nada – still sick

27 – Nada – sensing a pattern, so pathetic…

28 – Nada

29 – 2.75 mile run

30 – Yoga Challenge

31 – Yoga Challenge

So the results are 19 of 31 days I worked out; I won’t call it a failure, cause working out period is success, but I blew it on the challenge front this month. I have discovered that while the Yoga Meltdown was a good workout and I think benefited my balance and flexibility, I get very bored with video work outs.

Today is my first official run, the Flat Five. I’m nowhere near where I thought I would be for this run as far as training goes, so I hope to finish, without making a fool of myself.

Next up, the August Challenge! Same idea as the month before, alternating regular work outs with an additional challenge; this month’s focus, buns & thighs!

No comments:

Post a Comment