Pages

Friday, June 11, 2010

The Run

Well, I have done it. I have officially lost my mind. I just got done registering for my very first run. Unable to find a 5K that worked out timing and location wise sooner, I chose a 5 mile run on August 1. I refuse to use the word ‘race’ and me in the same sentence, so we are going with ‘run’. I would consider it a huge, HUGE accomplishment if I could run the whole time, but I am not that crazy. My goal for this first one is simply to complete it, running as much of it as I possibly can.


Here’s my biggest problem at this point, I NEED to start running outside. I run, but I run inside on a treadmill at the gym. I need to get adjusted to the outside, with no a/c, no fan blowing on me, no TV in front of me, with horrible humidity and no peppy music pumping in the background—wait, that last one I can do…

So on the nights that I do not go to the gym, (not all but some) I'll be working on my outdoor running stamina, if you don't hear from me in a week, please send help...

Wish me luck, I’ll need it, I have less than two months to get ready!

Psst…oh yeah, a milestone for me today, my weigh in this morning left me at a 10 pound deficit since I started (this is week 13).  I’ve been in the best mood ever since!!

1 comment:

  1. So happy for you...registering is the 1st step and you can do it. Wish I could do it with you.

    ReplyDelete